I am writing to let you know that school will open on Monday 15th June to Reception and Year 1 pupils who were due to start back on the 8th June. I took the decision to delay the opening in light of the information that came out very late on Friday. I can appreciate this was very frustrating for some of you but I am sure you appreciate that your children’s safety and that of our whole community must continue to take priority in our decisions, no matter how difficult that makes them.
Over the last couple of days, I have been working together with local Head Teachers to understand more about the local context. This has included a thorough briefing with Bolton Public Health and I feel that we are now in a position to open.
We are really looking forward to having the children back and our plans for opening are strong. In order to provide some certainty for you and the children, unless the government specifically direct us not to open, we will open on Monday. During this current crisis information has not always been shared by central government in a timely way so if information comes out over the weekend that means you want to delay your child returning to school on Monday 15th we will fully understand that. It will be fine not to send them.
This does mean that our plans for Year 6 to return will be delayed until 22nd June. We will be in touch next week with more details about this.
Thank you for you continued understanding and patience.